Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Beach AFCON: Sand Eagles’ Ogbonna Spoils For War Vs Cote d’Ivoire


Two-goal hero and match MVP award winner for Nigeria Super Sand Eagles against Egypt, Emeka Ogbonna, says he is unperturbed about Cote d'Ivoire's impressive win against Ghana as the match-day 2 clashes at the ongoing 2016 CAF Beach Soccer Africa Cup of Nations beckon today (Wednesday) at the Eko Atlantic Beach Lagos.

Cote d'Ivoire thrashed Ghana 5-0 in Group A at the 2016 Beach Soccer Africa Cup of Nations.
In the second match of Group A, the Super Sand Eagles secured a nervy 3-2 win against Egypt with Ogbonna bagging a brace, and match MVP.
The win places Cote d'Ivoire top of Group A, while Nigeria are second.
Speaking after the win against Egypt, Ogbonna told Completesportsnigeria.com that he was more concerned about helping Nigeria secure a win in Wednesday's game.
"I know I am representing 150 million Nigerians, and whenever I play, all I think about is how to satisfy Nigerians because I am priviledged to be among those selected to represent this great nation.
"We hope to up our game in the next game because and I am confident it will be better than the game against Egypt. 
"I am not concerned about the amount of goals they scored against Ghana. All I want to do is go in there and give my best," Ogbonna  said.

No comments:

Post a Comment